JOB TITLE: Repair Technician I
PAY GRADE: H4
SUMMARY OF JOB FUNCTION:
Under direct supervision, ensures that performance and proper documentation of repair work are in accordance with applicable technical data including but not limited to Airworthiness Directives, Customer Maintenance Manuals (CMM), Service Bulletins, and Customer Engineering Orders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Verify that all required technical documentation is available prior to the start of work.
· Disassemble, clean, re-assemble and test the unit to the requirements of the technical documentation.
· Perform teardowns, overhaul and functional testing of various repair station products and items.
· Perform limited but specialized machining tasks to include: welding, hydrostatic testing, handling of Halon and/or nitrogen and fabricating.
· Stamp and/or sign the work order as appropriate to signify the work performed meets the requirements.
· Follow verbal and written instructions.
· Will be required to record and document work performed in accordance with FAA requirements and Company procedures of materials control.
· Will be required to understand and maintain work area under 5S guidelines.
· Will be required to participate in Kaizen events as required.
· May perform other duties as required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience, or classes in an applicable technical vocational program. Ability to perform simple mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division). Ability to work with blueprints and assembly drawings. Ability to make decisions based on established procedures. Ability to operate specialized machining, welding, hydrostatic testing, and handling of gasses. Use of hand tools and light machinery as required. An understanding of the process specifications governing the production of product within an assigned assemble cell. An understanding of the operation and use of all production and test equipment within assigned production cell. Ability to clearly communicate with all internal and external customers in English to include the ability to read and interpret company documents, such as: safety rules, operating / manufacturing instructions, policies and procedures.
Pay range starts @ $11.40
resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email resume to email@example.com
Our Aviation Services Division in Miami, Florida currently has two Repair Technician I openings.